Rip Curl Grom Search
The 2017 Rip Curl GromSearch series will start in Guadeloupe January 28 & 29th
Thanks to Rip Curl’s partners, Citroën, Smith, BOS, FCS, and Gorilla grip, the European Gromsearch series will be back in 2017 looking for the best European surfers under 16.
The best European groms surfing the best European waves
Since its inception in Australia in 1999 the GromSearch series has continually unearthed the next generation of surfing stars such as 2014 World Surfing Champions Gabriel Medina, Stephanie Gilmore.
The GromSearch is seen by most of the groms as the best event in the world. It offers young surfers under 16 (girls and boys) the chance to show off their talents in the environment of a friendly and relaxed competition.
50% of International GromSearch winners are on the World Tour… Who will be next one ?
The European GromSearch series has also revealed some amazing talents, such as Mathis Crozon and Juliette Brice (2015 European winners), Lens Arancibia (2014 European winner), Leonardo Fioravanti (2013 European/World winner).
Rip Curl will travel 12 famous beaches in 6 European countries (France, Spain, Portugal, United Kingdom, Italy & Netherland) searching for the best up and coming surfers.
The next generation of world champion is surfing in the GromSearch and our official sponsor Smith, aware of the progression shown by all the kids, will be rewarding the “best move” of each event.
The winners of the European finals will have the chance to compete for a World GromSearch title against the best surfers from Australia, Brazil, Indonesia, USA & South Africa.
The International GromSearch finals will be held “somewhere” in one of the best spot in the World and Rip Curl will only revealed the location of the final a few week before the event to keep the secret !
COME AND ENJOY OUR GROMSEARCH VILLAGE WITH SOME GREAT ACTION IN THE WATER !
Apart from the incredible action in the water, each GromSearch stop will offer an array of fun and interactive experiences on the beach.
On most of the stops Rip Curl riders will come to watch the action and share some secrets with the competitors.
Legendary shapers such as Maurice Cole will also be available to share their wealth of surfing knowledge.
There will also be test centres at each stop so anyone can test drive Rip Curl’s state of the art surf products including new model wetsuits, surfboards, the lastest FCS II fins and the new SearchGPS watch.
On the top of giving away lot of products, our official sponsor Smith will explain the dangers of the sun to all the beach lovers and the necessity to wear good sunglasses.
SoWest Cola will welcome everyone to his beach bar in Anglet and Capbreton to hydrate the surfers and also the public.
Full 2017 schedule
Guadeloupe the 28th & 29th of January
Capbreton (Landes) from the 06th to the 08th of May OR from the 03rd to the 05th of June
Anglet (Bask coast) from the 10th to the 16th of July
Oleron Island from the 19th to the 24th of August
ITALIE : Versilia from the 10th of March to the 21 of May
Somo the 1st and 2nd of April
San Vicente de la Barquera the 13th and 14th of May OR from 26th to 21 of May
Croyde Bay-devon the 17 and 18th of June
Watergate Bay Cornwall the 19 and 20 of August
Costa de Caparica the 27th and 28th of May
Peniche the 29th and 30th of June
Scheveningen from 1st of september to 22th of october
Final : somewhere
Join us on Facebook.
Summary of 2016
- FRANCE: Martinique (Tartane) the 27th & 28th of February, Capbreton (Landes) the 25th & 26th of September OR 1st & 2nd of October, Anglet (Bask coast) from the 9th to the 15th of July, Hossegor/Seignosse the 30th & 31th of August
- UK: Croyde the 9th & 10th of July
- SPAIN: Gijón from the 7th & 8th of May, San Vicente de la Barquera the 21th & 22th of May, Los Locos the 10th & 11th of September OR the 17th & 18th of September
- PORTUGAL: Peniche from the 30th of June & 1st of July
- NETHERLANDS: Scheveningen from the 17th of September to the 16th of October
- ITALY: Levanto form the 15th of March to the 15th of April
- EUROPEAN FINALS: Galicia (Spain) from the 30th of October to the 6th of November
Summary of 2015
- FRANCE: Guadeloupe from the 25th & 26th of April, Capbreton (Landes) from the 8th to the 10th of May, Anglet (Bask coast) from the 8th to th 14th of July, Sables d’Olonne (Vendée) the 12th & 13th of September
- UK: Croyde (Devon) the 20th & 21st of June, Porthcawl (Wales) the 11th & 12th of July, Watergate bay (Cornwall) the 15th & 16th of August
- SPAIN: Somo (Cantabria) from the 15th to the 17th of may, Sopelana (Bask Country) from the 28th to 30th of august
- PORTUGAL: Peniche from the 1st to the 3rd of July
- NETHERLANDS: Scheveningen waiting period for all the November’s week ends
- ITALY: Banzai (Santa Marinella) waiting period for all the April’s week ends
- EUROPEAN FINALS: Cap Vert from the 12th to the 19th of February 2016